From time to time I am sent scholarship and career building opportunities that I like to pass along to blog readers in the hopes of helping to advance your careers.
The most recent is an opportunity to publish a paper.
The Journal of Social Work Values and Ethics (JSWVE) is sponsoring a term paper contest.
The term papers will be collected by the JSWVE editorial board and judged by a board of
professionals not associated with JSWVE.
Winning papers will be published in the Fall 2015
issue of the Journal.
Details for the contest are listed below.
1) Must have a central theme of social work values or social work ethics.
2) Must be written as an MSW or BSW student (student may have graduated). I am assuming that this means the writer can be a student or hold a BSW or MSW degree.
3) Must be nominated by a faculty member (the nominating professor’s name will be published).
4) Must follow the general manuscript submission guidelines found at
5) Must be in APA citation style (except NO headers, NO footers, and NO page numbers).
6) Deadline for submission: May 15, 2015.
7) Paper must be submitted by email to email@example.com with a copy sent to
8) Winning term papers will be published in The Journal of Social Work Values and Ethics in the fall
issues of 2015.
9) Judges will be professionals who are NOT associated with the JSWVE editorial board.
10) Judging criteria will include:
- Demonstration of Critical Thinking
- Relevance to Theme of Social Work Values and Ethics
- Relevance and Interest of Essay to Social Work Students, Practitioners, and/or Academics
- Coverage of the Topic
- Use of Relevant, Scholarly Citations
- Coherence (flow of ideas)
- Quality of Writing (literary competence, spelling, grammar, organization)
- Originality (of topic, ideas, and/or arguments)
For those social work graduates needing a faculty sponsor I am happy to sponsor you and you can reach me through this link.