Jonathan Kwaku Baiden is an LCSW-C Board Approved Supervisor in the state of Maryland. Supervision is available for anybody seeking licensure for LCSW, LCSW-C, and LICSW. Group and individual supervision aim to help supervisees improve themselves as a therapist and a person.
Supervisees can expect to grow as a therapist with increased knowledge, confidence in therapeutic skills and evolving your identity.
We believe in giving the highest supervision to Licensed or Licensure-Track Social Workers at Baiden & Associates LLC.
Supervision Expectations: The following outline are the preferred order to help social workers supervisees build a deeper understanding of their cases:
- Background and historical information: Salient detail such as family structure, relationships, historical trauma, history of mental health or abdication issues, mental health treatment and medical history
- Presenting problem or concern: Client’s description of their problem, what they hope to achieve, risk factors and substance use.
- Testing and assessment measures: Identification of any test or assessment measures that are useful for the client, their problem or treatment
- Diagnosis: Past and current diagnosis, different diagnosis process
- Multicultural consideration: Demographic information, diversity or cultural considerations for the case, important cultural components that impact treatment or mental health
- Systems or developmental theory consideration: Identification of any system of development models or theories that are important for cases.
- Therapy theories: The theories or modalities that are being used, and research support for the therapy theory.
- Treatment plan: Description of the goals, objectives and interventions for the case
- Ethical considerations: Current or potential ethical issues that apply to cases.