How to Become a Minnesota Social Work Supervisor
To become a social work supervisor in most states is a simple easy process. Here are the requirements to supervise in your state.
1) Hold a valid Minnesota LICSW
2) Have completed 2000 hours of social work practice experience (including 1000 hours of clinical practice experience) after receiving your LICSW
3) Completed one 30 hour training in supervision
4) Be in good standing with the Minnesota Board of Social Work
The requirements to supervise an LSW are:
- Hold a Valid Minnesota LISW, LICSW, or LGSW
- Or hold an LSW and have completed 4,000 hours of supervised practice beyond receiving your LSW
- Be in good standing with the Minnesota Board of Social Work
More information can be found at the Minnesota Board of Social Work Supervision Forms
If you meet these requirements please look at the benefits to join Social Work Supervisor and consider registering with us.